Friday, March 19, 2021

St. Patrick’s Day ~ recap

The last couple days have been holiday decoration transition days. Easter is right around the corner this year and there is no time to waste. St. Patrick’s Day decorations are in the process of being packed away and replaced with the rest of the Easter decor so I thought it would be a good time to share a few more highlights of our St. Patricks Day fun since it has been a busy week and I wasn’t able to get to it earlier. 
While Miss E was here last week we made our favorite frosted sugar cookies. We were limited on time so decided to keep it simple and used a couple round cookie cutters to cut out the cookies and then frosted them with butter cream frosting, tinted green for St. Patricks Day and topped with sprinkles. 
It doesn’t get better than that! We packed up half the cookies for her to take home since she was leaving the following day. Speaking of dessert, I also made some mini Pistachio Mousse Parfaits to have after our St. Patrick’s Day dinner because the cookies were going fast.
It was a small batch since it is just the hubs and me. Six seemed like plenty for the two of us.
A few rainbow sprinkles and a chocolate coin on top made them extra festive. 
It might appear that we had dessert first or maybe only dessert and I must say dessert anytime is fine with me, however, we did have a traditional St. Patrick’s Day dinner to start things off. 
Corned Beef, Cabbage and potatoes is always the menu and because we only have it once a year it is a special treat. 
There was one other small project that was quick and easy. Our hand sanitizer got a fun holiday related update. It took a day or two to figure out what to do but I finally decided to keep it simple and made a band to go around the middle. I cut a little piece of burlap and attached some of the same green ribbon I used on the Leprechaun Hat and then sewed the band together in the back. Once it was slid into place on the jar I attached one of my little DIY labels. Easy peasy. 
That about covers it so I think that’s a wrap for St. Patrick’s Day 2021. 

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...