Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Cupcakes, Cookies & Cake ~ oh my! .................. more March "baking" Madness

If you are following the NCAA Basketball Tournament this month you know that the Elite 8 basketball games started on Monday afternoon. It seemed to me that we needed a small batch of cupcakes to have during the OSU Beaver game especially since my last batch of cupcakes, that I made for Saturday’s game, did not turn out very well.
The hubs prefers vanilla cupcakes so I went with that again although this time I used my trusted recipe. Once the batter was ready I stirred in some black and orange sprinkles just before baking. 
For the frosting I made vanilla buttercream and then decorated them with more black and orange sprinkles and topped them off with Beaver Basketball toppers. 
Our four cupcakes turned great this time around however the game did not end as we had hoped but it was a nail biter right up to the end. Oregon State had a great season and it was so much fun to watch them have so much success. Hopefully next year they can do it again. GO BEAVS!
Well, four cupcakes do not last very long, at least around here, so I baked again on Tuesday. This time the dessert was to take to a friends house. Since there were only five of us I made my pineapple upside~down cake which is so good and easy to make. 
The small cakelettes are so quick to put together that I had time to make a batch of Lemon Meltaway cookies as well. I mixed the cookies up first and refrigerated the dough until the little Bundt cakes were finished baking. Then while they were cooling I cutout and baked the cookies. 
Next, I added a small dab of frosting on the tops followed by a dusting of powdered sugar. 
A dainty little cookie for those that might want a bit lighter dessert. Or, if you’re like me, maybe both because who doesn't like a little cookie to go along with a personal sized pineapple upside down cake?  
Well, that’s a wrap for March 2021, however there is more fun ahead. 

Happy last day of March!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...