Monday, March 22, 2021

Tied Up in Knots PRETZELS: It's March Madness

Basketball, brackets and BEAVS....Oh MY! 

We have been on the edge of our seats and glued to our brackets this week as we watched Oregon State work their way to the Sweet Sixteen. I have to say, it is an entirely different ball game and stress level when it is your team that you are watching on the court and especially if you ignored the stats and chose them to win {which I might have done...wink, wink}. Our game was scheduled late in the day on Sunday so I decided to do a little baking in the afternoon to pass the time. A small snack before dinner sounded good and I had actually been wanting to try making German Pretzels. I thought they might be a nice change from our go~to game day treats. The hubs liked the idea too so I got started. 
After the dough was made it only needed to rest for 10 - 15 minutes which was just enough time to get the water boiling, the oven preheated and the pan ready. 
The boiling process is very similar to bagels and goes fairly quick if they are all tied in a knot and ready to go. One by one I boiled the bagels and then transferred them to my prepared pan. 
After that I sprinkled the tops with some coarse California Sea Salt and then popped them in the oven to bake.
They were ready in no time.
Of course mustard always goes well with German Pretzels so we each grabbed a pretzel and had a variety of mustard to choose from. My personal favorite is my homemade honey mustard however plain or spicy is good too. 
We were all set for more basketball. 
These pretzels, which I have dubbed Tied Up in Knots Pretzels, were a great snack and I must say the game was even better. 
Oregon State has made it to the Sweet 16 and we could not be more excited, but it is not over. There is plenty more basketball ahead, game food to be made and we will be Tied up in Knots until the 2021 NCAA Basketball Tournament is over and we have a family bracket winner but for now....

Go BEAVS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...