Monday, April 19, 2021

Pig Newtons

Over the past couple months Mr. Wonderful has been telling me about this wonderful pastry he has been ordering when he meets his buddy for coffee in the middle of the week. The more he told me about it and how much he liked it the more interested I became. Since I had never been to the coffee shop or ever had anything like it before it was difficult to know exactly what all was inside this wrapped up little breakfast bundle so I had to rely heavily on his description as that was pretty much all I had to go on.
To get things started I cooked some link sausage while I waited for a sheet of puff pastry to thaw. 
Once the sausage was cooked I set it aside to cool down a bit while I shredded some cheese and chopped some jalapeños. Then it was time to assemble the little breakfast bundles. I placed two sausages on the puff pastry and topped them with a little cheese and some jalapeños.
Next, I rolled them up, sprinkled some more cheese on the top and baked them at 400° for about 15 minutes.
They were a success. The hubs loved them and said I don't need to change a thing as far as he  is concerned so I asked him what he thought we should call them.
He suggested Pig Newtons so we are going with that. 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...