Thursday, April 15, 2021

Blueberry Cream Cheese BABKA

It has been awhile since I have made a Babka but last weekend a blueberry version sounded good so I thought I would try squeezing it in between the cinnamon rolls and strawberry pastry I had on my baking list and the goal was to have it all ready before the sun was up, as we had a schedule to keep. In retrospect, it may have been better to cut back and only bake the original one or two things however my thinking was that it would not take much more time or effort so I might as well go for it.
The baking plan included giving away most the cinnamon rolls to family members that I would see later that morning and the pastry was a request from the hubs for his regularly scheduled Saturday morning coffee klatch at the house with his buddy who usually swings by after soccer. After considering all of that, adding a couple loaves of Babka seemed reasonable so I quietly began preparing the weekend morning treats.
It was a successful morning and all things sweet were ready before we had to leave. The Babka turned out wonderful in spite of the busy morning. It was tender and sweet and might have even worked well as a dessert but definitely was great with coffee. 

Check out my other Babka here.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...