Friday, April 9, 2021

Easter 2021 ~ recap

Easter was so early this year that it is hard to believe it has already come and gone. We had a birthday to celebrate the day before so there was a lot to do over the weekend. My sister hosted Easter this year so I had time to make a couple things to contribute to dinner.
Angel Food Cake was one item I offered to bring which I like to make from scratch whenever possible so scratch it was. I had also decided to make cakelettes instead of one large cake this time and top them with my homemade lemon curd and a dollop of lemon curd mousse.
It did not take much to fill the small well on top of the little cakes which left quite a bit left over.  It is so good I could not let it go to waste so I made mini Easter parfaits by layering it in some small glass yogurt jars. A few sprinkles and a chocolate Easter egg on top made them even more festive. 
Once the dessert was finished I made an asparagus tart which was really quick and easy to put together. 
I spread Dijon mustard over the top of a sheet of puff pastry, arranged the cleaned and trimmed asparagus on top of the mustard and then covered it with shredded Gruyere cheese and baked for about 15 minutes.
There are a few family members that I knew would not care for the tart so for those I made foil packs of seasoned asparagus and butter to put in the oven to bake just before dinner. 
We had a lovely Easter with our family, my sisters table was beautiful and dinner was delicious. 

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...