Wednesday, April 7, 2021

4.3.21 ~ Birthday parTEE

Last Saturday was one of our boys birthday and this year it just happened to be 4.3.21 which is a rather unique date on the calendar so we could not pass up the opportunity to have a little family 33rd birthday parTEE. 
The previous weekend our kids had come over to watch the Elite 8 games which I had decorated for so I changed things up on Saturday with a new theme. Instead of basketball the table decorations were changed to a GOLF theme since he enjoys it so much. I tried to keep it simple and use items I had on hand or created things I wanted such as the DIY golf flag centerpiece. To make that, I put a flower frog in the bottom of the clear glass square container and then secured a wooden skewer in between the prongs. It worked great and was very sturdy. Next I filled the glass container with green shredded filler to resemble grass and then added a golf ball to make it look more like a shot next to the pin. To make the Pin flag I used recycled white paper which I folded in half, cut into a triangle, glued the two sides together around the top of the skewer and then added numbers. Underneath that I layered a wood charger, white placemat and a burlap table-runner on top of a green tablecloth. For confetti I cut white circles which I decided to stamp lightly with black ink using an eraser on the top of a pencil to make them look more like golf balls and then scattered them on the table. We also had party hats which we all wore.
It was a beautiful day so we decided on a menu that included grilling and for dessert I made Oreo Cheesecake which is one of his favorites
The chalkboard was also updated in the wee hours that morning which is sometimes the best time to do it. I had a hard time deciding how to tie everything together which inevitably slowed things up a bit. Sporadically throughout the morning and early afternoon I kept at it and eventually finished it up. My chalkboards are usually in a state of "work in progress", as seen below, because I am always fixing or changing things until I'm satisfied. 
 It was a very fun day and we had a great time. 

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...