Saturday, February 27, 2021

Bags & Tags

This is the project that keeps on giving and it all started this fall at the Stitching' Post in Sisters, one of my favorite quilt shops. We go there every year and this year was no different.  Miss E was with me and while I was browsing she had come across some fabric she liked. It was a collection by Valerie Wells and included a wonderful Elephant print, which was the piece that caught her eye, and she knew right away that she wanted it made into a zipper pouch.
Somehow the project ended up with me along with a pattern from my mother who had made many over the years. Needless to say I wanted to practice before cutting into the Elephant fabric so after the holidays I was ready to begin and made some practice zipper pouches before starting on these.
It only took a couple before I felt comfortable and was hooked on this quick and easy little sewing project.
As it turned out the scale of the elephant print was not the best for this project.  No matter how I laid it out I could only get the two front pieces needed for the one bag out of the fat quarter which, in turn, left the remaining elephant print scraps too small to use for much of anything else. Although, they did work great for making gift tags.
I did have plenty of navy fabric for another zipper pouch so I just needed to figure what to use for the lining. 
In the meantime, I worked on matching gifts tags using the fabric scraps.  
Then it was on to the navy bag. I finally chose a pink polka dot I had in my stash for the lining and also made a label with a Valentine print for the front. The loop on the side was a leftover piece of the zipper from the elephant bag. 
The pink lining went well with the navy and I was certain she would like it, and she did. 
The project that started it all is now finished and delivered. Mission accomplished.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...