Tuesday, February 2, 2021

repurposed Hawaiian Mu'umu'u #3

The repurposed Hawaiian Mu'umu'u challenge continues! This time it was definitely not planned as I have other things on my to do list however I was looking through my fabric and ran across Miss E's little Hawaiian mu'umu'u dress. In fact, we had matching mother daughter mu'umu'us when she little so it was fun to see it again. It was folded up neatly and stacked with all the other Hawaiian fabric. I obviously put it there to use when I had just right project so the timing was perfect.
It just happened that I was starting a new sewing project and when I saw the dress I knew it would be the perfect fabric to practice with. So I got to work and began taking out the seams. Even the cute little button was saved.
Once it was ready I started in on my sample which was a zipper pouch. I had never made one before and had been wanting to make a practice pouch before cutting into any special fabric and this was the perfect opportunity. 
Thankfully I have a pretty good zipper supply from so many years of sewing and was happy I found the perfect pink for this project.
The practice pouch went together pretty fast and did not turn out too bad. I even learned some tricks as I went along. In fact, it was so much fun I am planning on making a few others. 
The repurposed Hawaiian Mu'umu'u has done it again! It has become another useful item that happens to be extra special as well. 

Aloha!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...