Monday, February 8, 2021

Super Bowl LV recap

It may not come as a surprise but our theme for Sunday Supper this week was 
SUPER BOWL LV!
And of course, that made preparing extra fun. 
I used one of the cute chalkboards Mr. Wonderful made last fall to make a football sign for the table.
At literally the last minute I decided to decorate the hand sanitizer. Since there wasn't much time I grabbed some card stock and made a quick football band to go around the middle. It worked and made it much more festive.  
Friday night I made a batch of chocolate football cookies. In the past I have made my own football cookie cutters which have always worked fine however this year I just decided to buy an actual football cookie cutter to add to my collection. It is the perfect size.  On Saturday morning I decorated them since there would not be time on Sunday. 
As you probably know, red was one of the main colors of both teams playing in the game so  I used several of my red plastic serving baskets to hold cookies which worked great. They were handy for some of the appetizers too. 
This year for our Super Bowl Halftime Dinner we made Spicy Pulled Pork Sliders on toasted pretzel buns, Coleslaw { either on the top or on the side } and Mac Salad. The pretzel buns were popular so those went fast. Thankfully we had regular slider buns which worked great too.
It is amazing how a few simple decorations turn a Sunday Supper into a festive little party.
It was a fun family day of football. 
 
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...