Thursday, February 6, 2020

SUPER BOWL PARTY- Decorations

The Super Bowl is such a fun sporting event to watch with family and friends. This year the kids came over to our house to watch the game which gave me an excuse to plan a party. Once I knew we were hosting I got busy last week preparing decorations and a menu for the game on Sunday.
The first thing on the to~do list were supplies. I needed a few basics so my first stop was the Dollar Store for plates, napkins and a banner, however, while I was there I also found the greatest matching "football" tablecloth. In fact, not only was it festive but the tablecloth was also the perfect size. Once it was completely unfolded I realized it was large enough to make 2 table runners plus enough leftover for a medium sized tablecloth which I used to cover one end of our kitchen island. 
For the napkins I chose red, yellow and discovered a package of "football" motif napkins which were really fun. I also bought some Tootsie Roll Pops to use to make Penalty and Challenge Flags. 
Our kitchen table was layered with a green fabric tablecloth, a black square topper and a paper runner. Apparently the roll of paper I have is actually masking paper used for painting. Not sure how it got into my supplies but it came in handy as a table runner. I used a black marker to cover it in hand written XOXO's, all sorts of arrows and of course a TOUCHDOWN at each end. Our three tiered stand came in handy for desserts and bags of popcorn in the center of the table.
The Locker Room sign was quick and easy to make and print for the bathroom door. It is mounted on a piece of chalkboard poster board. The chalkboard below is actually foam board which is a little more sturdy and worked well for the Chili Bar I set up on the kitchen buffet. I also made a little DIY Football banner to string along behind the chalkboard.  
It was a priority that all the decorating was quick to set out and also easy to clean up. Time management was key since it was a busy week and I had fun game day food to prepare as well. Tomorrow I will be back to share my Super Bowl Menu and all the easy to make Football party food.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...