Wednesday, February 19, 2020

cookies & cakes from the HEART

Valentines Day was actually celebrated over the weekend at our house because Mr. Wonderful is a basketball referee and he had games on Friday night which of course was the actual holiday. So now, I am finally back to share the happy HEART desserts I made.
First I made a batch of sugar cookies, cut them out and personalized them with my cookie stamps. An edible Valentine is always a winner. 
To finish the edges of the baked cookies once I made a little icing and piped it around each cookie to make them extra special.  
The heart sprinkles were added just before baking to give the cookies a pop of color. 
February is a very special month in our family as we have Wedding Anniversaries to celebrate as well. And not just one but two anniversaries! 
For our Valentines Dinner for Two on Saturday I made some cute Valentine Petit Fours. Since I did not have a lot of time I decided it would be faster to use a Sarah Lee frozen pound cake for the base. However, my plan was almost ruined when I discovered my heart shaped cookie cutters were all too large. Well, as disappointing as that was, it actually inspired me to come up with another way of cutting out the hearts. As luck would have it, I found an old plastic multi~heart jello mold in my kitchen that was just the perfect size. I was able to break off one of the hearts and use it as a cookie cutter. The first attempt to cut a small heart shaped piece of cake did not work out well as it did not drop out as easily as expected but,  with a little flour and a strip of wax paper the little cakes finally came out of the mold perfectly. Once they were all cut I dipped them in warm chocolate frosting, placed them on baking rack to firm up and then sprinkled them with hearts. 
We may have been a day late in celebrating however it gave me time to make a few more Sweets treats for my Sweetie! 

Have a wonderful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...