Thursday, February 13, 2020

DIY Valentine Cards

February is the perfect time to make some cute cards for Valentines Day and I must say I could not resist making a few. It has been fun and a challenge trying to work with what I have on hand. As much as I love shopping for new things I do have plenty of supplies that need to be used. 
To start my projects I decided to make a couple printable graphic templates for my cards. Once they were finished I was ready to print.
The next step was creating a template for mini envelopes for the "sending Love" card. It took many tries before I was finally satisfied with the shape and size. 
It was worth it though because I was so pleased with how it turned out. 
The Tic Tac Toe Card was fun too. There are two versions. For the first one I used some cute tape I had for the cross hatching and for the other I added the cross hatching to my printing template.
I have the best little heart punches that were just right for all the hearts that I needed.
This is the card with the custom made mini envelopes which of course have tiny messages inside.
The "bushel and a peck" card was really easy with my printable template and some little scattered hearts. 
There were still a few cards in progress when this photo was taken.
Once I'm on a roll it is hard to stop however I was anxious to share my latest obsession. Also, the kitchen is calling. We are in need of some Valentine Sweet Treats so it is time to change gears and get baking.

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...