Saturday, November 24, 2018

Pecan Pie Bars ~ recipe

The dessert menu for our Thanksgiving dinner is most often traditional Pumpkin, Apple  and Pecan Pies however, I usually like to try something new as well.
This year my youngest sister and her husband were hosting Thanksgiving and I offered to make the pumpkin pies. A week or so went by when I remembered that she had mentioned she was making a Pumpkin Cheesecake Dessert which seemed just a little too similar to pumpkin pie. Since I knew nobody had signed up for Pecan Pie I told her I would be glad to make that instead. Then a few days ago I changed my mind once again. It was only a slight change this time but instead of pie I decided to make Pecan Pie Bars. The shortbread crust is so good and they are easy to make. A nice compliment to her Pumpkin Cheesecake Dessert.
I am excited to share the recipe below in case you want to try these quick and easy dessert bars. They would be great to take to a cookie exchange, give as a hostess gift or even serve at the end of a 
Christmas meal. 

print recipe



Pecan Pie Bars
by Jennifer Stull
Ingredients
  • 1-3/4 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup chopped pecans
  • 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 6 Tablespoons flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1-1/2 cups dark corn syrup
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoons almond extract
  • 2 cups roughly chopped pecans
Instructions
CRUST: Combine 1-3/4 C flour and 1/3 C sugar. Cut in 3/4 butter until coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/3 cup pecans. Press into an ungreased 9 x 13 inch pan and bake in 350 degree oven for 18-22 minutes until edges are light brown. FILLING: While crust is baking mix together brown sugar, remaining flour and salt. Add in corn syrup, eggs,vanilla and almond extracts and mix well. Stir in remaining pecans. Spread over hot baked crust and return to oven. Bake additional 30-35 minutes or until filling is set. 

Yield: 24 squares

*Recipe adapted from Land of Lakes ~ Classic Pecan Pie Bars*





Happy Baking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...