Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Pumpkin Cake ~ 2 ways

Since there won't be many more opportunities to bake pumpkin cake before the "pumpkin season" ends I decided to make it again for Sunday Supper.
I wanted to use my pumpkin cakelet pan again however it only makes 6 pumpkins. Since there were going to be 7 of us I decided that instead of cutting the recipe in half or washing the pan and making 6 more I would make a layer cake.
Unfortunately there are some in the family that do not care for cream cheese frosting so I made stabilized whipped cream because who doesn't like whipped cream?
I also made a pan of apple bars in case someone prefers those over pumpkin cake. I'm also trying to use up the apples from our tree.
To top off our pumpkin desserts I made some salted caramel drizzle. The cake was drizzled too just before serving.
It's hard to choose so I think we all had a helping of both the pumpkin and apple desserts. You can never have enough dessert, at least in my book! 

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...