Thursday, November 1, 2018

Halloween Dinner

This year for our Halloween dinner we had homemade chili with lots of toppings, as always, and Cornbread Pumpkin Muffins filled with honey butter. 
Since I ran out of time to make the dessert I had originally planned on I decided to fill cauldrons with pudding and top them with whipped  cream ghosts instead. It was quick and easy and I thought they looked pretty cute. 
The little muffins were a lot of fun to make. 
Since I always make cornbread to go with our chili I decided why not have a little pumpkin patch to go with our Halloween themed dinner instead of the standard squares.
I made my honey butter with a sprinkle of cinnamon to use for the filling and cinnamon sticks for the stems. I tried parley from our garden for the leaves however they wilted fairly quick. It looked really cute but unfortunately did not last long. 
A simple but festive dinner for 5!

Happy November!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...