Wednesday, October 31, 2018

DIY Skeleton Costume

Last night we made a very last minute costume for Miss E to wear to her office on Halloween. 
Her idea was to paint a skeleton on one side of a black t-shirt with a trendy cutout at the top. She found the perfect shirt in the boys section at Walmart for only $3.50. 
After looking at some skeleton pictures I finally had an idea of what to draw so I cut a piece of freezer paper to fit one side of the shirt and then drew some rib bones, back bone and a small collar bone. Once I thought the drawing was OK and got her stamp of approval I cut it out. To protect the shirt while painting I slipped a heavy brown paper bag inside after I had ironed the wax paper cutout on the t-shirt. We also put piece of blue painters tape down the middle to keep the line clean and straight and then it was ready for her to paint.
When it was finished we left it to dry over night.
She was happy with how the t-shirt turned out so it was just a matter of waiting until morning to try it on.  
Miss E and I had a fun, creative evening. Unfortunately I was gone before she was up so I haven't seen her dressed in her Skeleton Costume yet but I am hoping she had someone take pictures!

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...