Wednesday, March 2, 2011

You've got mail!

While I was working on another project this afternoon I found this wonderful envelope among a box full of old cards and letters that I have saved since I was a little girl. I enjoyed reading the old handwritten and typed letters that were sent to me at camp, on birthdays and holidays, at college and for our wedding and reminiscing about family, friends, places and events. A box of irreplaceable treasures. As I was reading some of the letters I kept thinking about that sweet, pink envelope. I had set it aside knowing I wanted to use it for something but didn't know what. Later, while I was working on another project I finally decided to try and recreate the envelope with fabric. This was my first attempt. 

The fabric envelope is on the left, the paper envelope is on the right.
Paper envelope on the left, fabric envelope on the right. 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like the fabric exactly matches the paper! Good job. The fabric envelope will be a nice place to keep something special. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I was in a hurry to get it finished before I left for book club so that I could post it when I got back. I think I may add some top stitching and maybe a button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your site. You are very creative. YOu make words flow.
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...