Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Maui Gold


Last night for a special treat we picked up this Maui Gold Pineapple to have with dinner and it reminded me of all you Pineapple and Maui lovers out there. You know who you are. This little Pineapple tickled my senses with its tropical look and feel, the fragrant, fruity island smell and the sweet, juicy flavor, all of which triggered memories of warm sandy beaches, amazing sunsets, tall swaying palm trees, beautiful and aromatic plumeria and tuberoses, whale watching, urchins, turtles and all things 
Hawaiian.   
Indulging in this hand picked tropical delight here at home may just have been the next best thing to being there, minus the tan. 

Mr. Wonderful checking out a Pineapple Farm.
Maui 2002
 Love this rainbow!
Maui 2002
By the way, our Maui Gold Pineapple was absolutely delicious! Sweet, succulent and full of mouthwatering flavor as always. Maui pineapples are the very best and by far our favorite. If you would like a little taste of paradise I recommend you pick up a Maui Gold the next time you see one at the market and experience a little tropical getaway right where you are.  
Aloha!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, boy! Wait until your Dad sees this! Have you ever seen a grown man cry?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought he would like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen: Are you baiting me. I darn near cried when I ready your blog. I have got to stop myself from moaning over not going to Maui. Mother is entitled to have her wishes fulfilled. Anyway we have to put a new roof on the house and that takes some of the fun out of thinking about a trip.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...