Monday, March 7, 2011

Basket Case!

 These baskets are just way too much fun to make and as you can see I indulged myself in a sewing fest over the last couple days. After making the first one I couldn't help but think about the endless combinations and themes. So in spite of our busy weekend of mother/daughter shopping, attending an out of town high school girls state basketball playoff game, drop in visitors, a movie, church and phone calls from our college boys, I managed to find a minute here and there each day to coordinate fabric, cut squares, sew a few seams and unfortunately rip a few seams too. I was able to finish these three and have several others cut and ready to go but then I got sidetracked with 
a new thought: 
 To embellish or not to embellish??  
I love details so it was a no brainer. I switched from sewing to searching for trims and creating tags which now make these cuties ready to fill and give away.  
Happily Ever After
Shabby Chic
Childhood Memories


2 comments:

  1. I can see you are really on a roll! I can't even pick a favorite. However, I'm sure I can tell where one of the little baskets is going. (hee, hee) The embellishments are a great addition. I can't wait to see the rest you have ready to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good guess! Laundry day and cleaning today so had to take a break but it wasn't easy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...