Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Stocking Up

Today I started shopping for Spring Break, making sure I am stocked up on everything by the time our college boys get home. With my list and coupons in hand I headed out. First stop Costco. Within minutes of arriving my cart was overflowing with oversized everything. From 50 lbs of this to 500 quantity of that, fresh, dry, canned, frozen, biggest, largest and heaviest, I piled it all in my cart. Once I determined I couldn't fit another thing in my basket on wheels I headed to checkout. No line, hooray, my reward for arriving early and shopping quickly before the lunch crowd arrived for samples and hotdogs. The clerks at checkout were waiting patiently for customers to ring up, perfect, I headed to the closest one. When I pulled up the guys helped me unload the first few things, since I had a boatload of stuff, then asked, "boxes or back in the cart?"  It's always back in the cart for me since everything is already big and heavy to begin with and if it was all packed in a box I would never be able to lift it. He swiped my membership card, I paid and then headed to the parking lot. I could barely push the overloaded shopping cart out to the truck and there was no stopping that freight train once I got it rolling but I managed to cross the parking lot safely, avoid pedestrians, cars that were backing out, speed bumps and all other obstacles, then carefully maneuvered the front of the cart to face the back bumper so I could slide the strategically placed, ginormous bag of dog food into the back without asking for help. It was pouring rain by this time so now I was really in a hurry to unload my goods. I quickly but carefully filled up the back of the suburban with all sorts of MEGA sized things, returned the cart, ran back and jumped in. Now soaking wet I immediately reassessed the current priorities, changed my plans and headed home instead of continuing my "SBSU" (aka: spring break stock up) which included several more stops. SBSU-Plan B, as it is now known, will be saved for another day in the near future. In the meantime, this pile of supplies should keep me plenty busy.       


1 comment:

  1. Looks like some good eating will be coming out of your kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...