Monday, December 21, 2020

DIY 2020 Christmas Ornaments: part 1

This year we decided to order our Christmas tree online and have it delivered. We usually put up two fresh trees but of course this year is different than all others so we decided to go the “no contact” route and have an artificial Christmas tree delivered. It was not quite as easy as I had imagined due to website issues but with Miss E’s help it was here within an hour. We wasted no time putting it up, which was quick as a wink, and just as fast we realized that it was really too small for the space, however, we ended up keeping it. It took me a few days to come to terms with  our new “little” Christmas tree, as usually they are too big, but then I got an idea. I decided the tree needed a theme and what better suited for 2020 than a COVID Christmas Tree.
I had some extra face masks as well as my new Christmas faces masks so I hung those on the tree for fun but I was still a little unsure about the theme. Over the next few days the family warmed up to my idea which was somewhat of a surprise. That was about the time I was beginning to think the masks seemed a bit big and that there really weren’t enough to decorate the tree so I needed something else, but what? That’s when it occurred to me to try making mini face mask ornaments.
After making the first one I was hooked.  
They even have filter pockets!
Each one is only 4 inches long so they are truly itty bitty. 
It has been a fun way to use up those small scraps that really should have been thrown away but kept because you never know what great little project might come along that needs just a little piece of fabric.
Flannel worked great too. 
Not all prints worked, however, because the motif obviously had to be quite small to fit. 
This is just the beginning of my DIY Covid Christmas Ornament project. There are more mini face masks as well as some other new ornaments so I will be back soon to share what else I have been working on. 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...