Wednesday, April 29, 2020

35th Birthday ~ cupcakes & cards

Last week we celebrated 2 more April family birthdays....from a distance that is.  
 It was actually more of a quick drive-by birthday to drop off cupcakes and presents through the window of our car. A Party on Wheels as I like to call it.
I made a couple of birthday cards for the occasion. The guitar was fun however I had a hard time figuring out what to use for the strings. I really did not want to stand in a long line just to get into a craft store and possibly not find anything that would work so I started looking at what I had on hand. Eventually I found a spool of metallic thread in my supplies that was perfect.  
Once I had the Guitar card finished it was time to make a Cat card. It started out as a simple cat quilt block which was inspired by a picture I had seen in a quilt magazine. I adjusted the size and of course cut it out of paper instead of fabric, although that would have been cute as well. To dress it up I added a party hat which made it a bit more festive. I needed a background paper so I stamped some card stock with ink and bubble wrap and added some punched dots to match. It was almost finished when I found out that not everyone could tell it was a cat. Well, that was disappointing.
I love the simple, clean look of the cat quilt block however I decided I better be sure that the birthday girl could tell it was a cat.
So I added some eyes and whiskers which seemed to help.
The His and Her cards were finished.
This happened to be their 35th birthday so I decided to make them some cupcakes and what better than funfetti cupcakes. 
Even though their birthdays are thirteen days apart it was a celebration for both of them since we have only seen each other online since the beginning of the quarantine. 
It wasn't nearly as much fun as getting together for a special birthday dinner but at least we saw each other in person which was great, even if it was only from inside the car. 

Have a Happy & Healthy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...