Thursday, April 23, 2020

cookie + craving = chocolate chip cookie ~ for "1"

It is a rare occasion when we run out of sweet treats around here however it does happen every once in awhile. It never lasts more than a day or so and there is always ice~cream in the freezer and homemade chocolate fudge sauce in the frig for back up. This time though ice~cream would not do, even with warm chocolate fudge sauce drizzled over the top. I had a particular craving, which was for chocolate chip cookies, but before I started baking I decided to ask the 
hubs what type of cookies sounded good to him and it wasn't 
chocolate chip.
He thought Chocolate Crinkle Cookies sounded great, which they are, however I had my heart set on chocolate chip and could not convince myself otherwise. So, in order to please both of us, I decided to make a batch of Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
AND a
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE for "1"
because one is all I really needed anyway.    
To make my little treat I mixed up a reduced batch of chocolate chip cookie dough and then tossed in a few chopped pecans just for fun.  Once the dough was ready I scooped it into a small ramekin and put it in the oven to bake while I mixed up a batch of Chocolate Crinkle Cookies aka: CCC's. 
The Chocolate Chip Cookie for "1" turned out perfect. While my personal size cookie was cooling I baked the CCC's. 
The Chocolate Chip Cookie for "1" was delicious. Not too big, not too small, but just right! As for the Chocolate Crinkle Cookies they are going fast so, between the two of us, it looks like we will need a new sweet treat very soon. 

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...