Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Ham Soup.... X's 3

If you have a leftover ham bone you might want to make soup
and if you are making soup you might want to make 3 different types.
At least that is what Mr. Wonderful did last week.
He wanted to make soup with our leftover Easter ham bone but could not decide which type he wanted more so he made three different kinds, which is not surprising. 
His motto, as we know, is: Go Big or Go Home! 
While he was gathering ingredients to get started he discovered we were low on lentils so I ran to the store to buy a new package however the shelf was empty. This new normal still catches me off guard. I was determined though so I tried another store and, you guessed it, they were out too. My general feeling is two strikes and your out because chances are high that everyone will be out of that product so I headed home empty handed and a bit disappointed. However, on my way back I decided to give New Seasons a try, which is very close by. I did not have much hope in finding any but to my surprise they had 2 bags left. It was perfect. Nowadays, if you happen to find a product in high demand it feels like you've struck it rich! Lucky for us, the Ham and Lentil soup was back on the menu.
When Mr. Wonderful cooks he likes to make it up as he goes and really does not use a recipe, per se, so your guess is as good as mine as to what is in all three however, I do have a rough idea what he used. The Ham and Lentil soup had carrots and celery, the Ham & Potato included onions and celery and the Ham and Vegetable had just about everything but the kitchen sink. Actually, I think it is safe to say that it is full of assorted chopped fresh vegetables and some frozen corn and beans. 
As you can imagine we had a lot of soup by the time he was finished. Of course we wanted to try them all so we had a bowl of each for dinner and all three were wonderful! Even though spring is here we have definitely had some "soup weather" mixed in with the warm sunny days however when the weather is nice Mr. Wonderful is usually outside grilling up something good. 

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...