Monday, December 2, 2019

DIY Holiday Table Boxes

Thanksgiving weekend was extra busy this year with lots of fun activities which put me a little behind so bear with me. There are a few wrap~up posts that I am excited to share starting with our Count Your Blessings raffle prizes. 
Earlier in November I had asked the hubs if he could make me a couple table boxes out of his scrap wood pile. As an example I showed him a picture Miss E sent me of one she really liked and his response as usual was "piece of cake". He made a couple of sample boxes which were just what I wanted. In fact, I liked them so much I put in a bigger order and also asked for different sizes. He used all types of old wood including old fence boards he had saved. He stained some of the boxes and I also painted one. To give them a little extra character he added old recycled drawer pulls to the ends which he has collected over the years. 
At this point I decided these would make perfect Count Your Blessings Raffle prizes as well as centerpieces on our Thanksgiving tables.
Our raffle was a hit and we gave away the two Table Boxes that we filled with Poinsettias.  We thought it would be a fun way to start the Christmas Season. 
The 4" mini poinsettias fit perfectly in the boxes.
On the bottom of the boxes I used my wood burning tool to add a heart with the date and our initials. 
The DIY Table Boxes were easy to make, fun to fill and even more fun to give away to the winners of our Count Your Blessings Raffle.   

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...