Friday, December 20, 2019

DIY Holly Jolly Santa Card

Another fun Christmas card that was made in the wee hours of the morning. That seems to be the best time to work on projects around here.
Here is how this card was created: 

The first step is to sketch out my idea.
Step 2: refine the drawing.
Step 3: resize it.
Step 4: cut it out and try it.
Step 5: repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 until I am satisfied. 

For the nose I used my heart punch and cut it as shown above and for the ball on Santa's hat I used my flower punch. Using 2 flowers gave it a little more dimension. The belt is just a strip of black and the buckle is a square. Since this was a large square I made slits on two sides and slid the belt through. The notches were made with a hole punch as were the eyes.
The North Pole  on the inside of the card is a border sticker cut to size and a red gem for the top
To embellish the hat I used holly stickers and red gems.
There you have it. My Holly Jolly Santa that was finished and mailed just in the nick of time!

Ho Ho Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...