Monday, December 9, 2019

not your mothers Gingerbread Bundt Cake

Gingerbread cake of any kind served warm out of the oven is great and even better with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and a little whipped cream. It is festive no matter how you make it however I wanted something a bit more fancy to take to our Annual Christmas Party. 
This is my new Christmas version which is 
dirty frosted 
with
Salted Caramel Swiss Meringue Butter Cream,
topped with 
Salted Caramel Drip
 and garnished with
Sugared Cranberries
I chose a salted caramel frosting for the cake because it sounded wonderful and I had some homemade salted caramel leftover from the dessert I made for Thanksgiving. 
Once I was finished frosting the cake it still seemed like it needed something so I sugared fresh cranberries to use as a garnish. By this time I was beginning to second guess my idea and wondered if it looked too messy or would be too sweet but we were on a tight schedule for the day so had to call it good. 
To my surprise our friends raved about the cake and most of it was gone by the end of the evening so my fears were relieved. The frosting was light but added just a little flare to the gingerbread and the best part was it was easy to do. 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...