Monday, December 30, 2019

Christmas Cake & Cookies

Christmas arrived so quickly this year that it was hard to keep up, however, I was happy to get most of my baking checked off the list. 
Gingerbread cookies are a tradition at our house and my recipe makes a big batch which always comes in handy. We had both big and small gingerbread men, a Gingerbread Star Tree and a few little reindeer. The mini gingerbread men and reindeer were used as toppers for my gingerbread cupcakes which were served on Christmas Eve. We had more cupcakes than we needed so shared some with our next-door neighbors who have young children which was fun. 
For dessert on Christmas Day I made a Buche de Noel, also known as a Yule Log. 
This year I used a new recipe. It was really good however the one I have made in the past is a bit easier to assemble so next time I may use combination of each.
This cake was nice and light as was the whipped chocolate frosting and mascarpone filling. The sugared rosemary was from our garden and looked so festive with the sugared cranberries. Definitely a fun cake for Christmas!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...