Monday, November 4, 2019

CHANEL Birthday Card: Twist & Pop card

Celebrating a 25th Birthday requires an extra special card so I decided to make one.
And this is when my series of twist & pop cards began.
In my search for the perfect card, which I could not find in a store, I discovered this new type of pop~up card and had to try it. Once I figured it out the mechanics, or as I like to call it...engineering,  I was hooked.
This card took the most time, since it was the first, and went through a lot of changes before it finally came together. There were so many fun things that could be done with this theme it was hard to narrow it down but after many trials and errors it came together. 
The shoes, handbag and nail polish bottle were designed and hand cut to fit the space since I did not think I would find stamps or cutouts in the shapes, sizes or colors I needed. The handbag has a 3 fold bottom which gives it a little extra dimension and interest. I used stamps and embossing powder for "HAPPY and XO" to give those letters a bit more pop and added tiny rhinestones for some sparkle.
The rhinestone strap slides on and off and gives this card a more finished look. These cards are so much fun to make that there are more to be shared.

To see all the Twist & Pop cards go here.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...