Friday, November 15, 2019

What to make with leftover Egg Nog?

That was the question this week and the answer was dessert.
Our Egg Nog was approaching the expiration date and the half that remained needed to be used so I decided to make a no~bake Egg Nog Cheesecake. 
It was very easy and only took and hour to make from start to finish.
The cheesecake was light and delicious however the crust was not as firm as I would have liked. Next time I would add more butter to the crushed graham crackers and sugar so I will need tweak the recipe a little bit but, with that being said, I would definitely make it again. However, I did discover one other small issue.
Mr. Wonderful does not like cream~cheese or, needless to say, cheesecake so this was much too much dessert for me to eat by myself. 
So, the next day I decided to deconstruct my cheesecake and make individual
Cheesecake Mousse Parfaits!
It worked perfectly. To start, I separated the cheesecake and graham cracker crust which was easier than I expected. Next, I layered the cheesecake and crust in little glasses and also in some slightly larger Kerr canning jars. These made really nice individual servings. 
One delicious dessert served 2 different ways!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...