Tuesday, January 22, 2019

We have a winner! ~ LID diet week 2

Week 2 of the Low Iodine Diet is off to a good start. The hardest thing to remember is not to use tap water. Other than that we are getting into a routine. Last night I made two new recipes; Wacky Cake and Focaccia Bread.
Apparently Wacky Cake has been around awhile. In fact, I read in one place that the recipe dates back to the depression era.  The recipe is also in the Low ~ Iodine Cookbook which can be found at www.thyca.org. The cake is easy to make and turned out great. 
It's true, bad habits are hard to break and I cannot seem to break the habit of getting water from the kitchen sink! I made focaccia bread for Sunday Supper and discovered I had used the wrong water again just before it went in the oven. Oops! I felt so bad I made a second one yesterday, this time with distilled water.
They both were good but only one met the LID requirements. Now we all can eat focaccia bread.
The bread was also good for sandwiches. A nice change from the crackers. 

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...