Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Pasta Night ~ { LID week 2 }

Last night was pasta night. I made a vegetable Spaghetti Sauce recipe from the Low~Iodine Cookbook by Thyca and served it over pasta. 
Earlier in the week I found Egg and Salt Free pasta which was very exciting since it met all the LID requirements. I even remembered to boil it in distilled water this time so we are making progress. 
The leftover focaccia bread and salad rounded out our dinner.  One person did cheat a little and put parmesan on top of their pasta but I won't mention who. It has been harder than I thought to go without milk products and has made me acutely aware of just how many things contain milk.
The pasta and sauce was not quite as good as our regular spaghetti but it wasn't bad, just different. It was filling though and added some variety to the menu which helps. 

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...