Monday, July 16, 2018

The Bourbon & Bacon Baking Challenge

Last weekend we were invited to a Bourbon & Bacon party. It was a Bourbon tasting event complete with score cards as well as Bourbon fun facts and trivia. Most guests brought a bottle of Bourbon to include in the tasting so there was quite a variety. If Bourbon wasn't your thing there was also a non alcoholic tropical punch that was cool and refreshing. Guests could also bring appetizers and/or desserts to share and that was my favorite part. I had never cooked with Bourbon so I was excited to give it a try. 
First up, crockpot meatballs.
These spicy meatballs were quick and easy to make.
I also made Bacon & Tomato quinoa cups. 
These mini appetizers would be good to have on hand for a quick snack anytime.
The Bourbon Bacon Jam was really good and easy to make.
I served it with a variety of crackers however it would be good on toasted baguette bread too. 
Last but not least...Dessert!
Mini Cheesecake topped with bacon.
Yes, surprisingly it was delicious too.
A fun summer evening with family and friends and lots of really delicious, creative food made with bacon!

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. You did a terrific selection of recipes. Somehow the jam was the one that interested me the most, but I'd have loved them all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was a fun challenge. I will give you some jam to try the next time I see you.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...