Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Backyard Bees & Butterflies

Our backyard seems to be full of bees and butterflies this summer. 
I am by no means an expert on butterflies however I did do a little research and I am guessing these might be California Tortoiseshell butterflies but don't take my word on it. 
Whatever type they are they sure do love this light fixture on our patio.
Then there are the bees. They are particularly fond of our lavender and basil and are buzzing on and around the flowers every day from sun up to sun down.
In fact, they are so focussed on their work they don't even notice us. 
They don't even mind having their picture taken.
I hope the ladybugs will be back soon and join the fun!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. The butterflies are beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen any like those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They are still around and like to fly from place to place together. They are fun to watch.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...