Wednesday, July 25, 2018

another Summer Salad

Warm weather calls for cool salads.
This is an old favorite recipe from my youngest sister { I think}. As I remember it, years ago she had "the girls"  { our Mom, middle sister and our kids } over for lunch and served this Barley Salad with grapes, celery and pecans. I believe she served it in cantaloupe halves which made it extra special and I have loved it ever since. The recipe calls for chicken and that is how she made it, however, I omitted the chicken and added cantaloupe chunks instead since I was serving it as a side with hamburgers. The next night we grilled some chicken breasts so I have been slicing leftover chicken to put on top for our lunches.  
Everyone thought this was a new salad since I haven't made it for awhile. As you can see by the old scrap of paper I wrote the recipe on there are no measurements, just a list of ingredients. Sometimes those are the best kind of recipes. And, as it turns out, the family loves it just like I do. I thought they would!

PS ~ I also added some of our fresh picked blueberries just for fun and they go well with this salad too.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Looks as if you "hit another home run" with this summer salad!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...