Saturday, July 28, 2018

Blueberry Coffee Cake

Most of the blueberries we have picked so far are now in the freezer however we always keep some out for snacking and baking.
After the last picking I tried a new recipe for this Blueberry Coffee Cake. The filling calls for blueberries, brown sugar and walnuts however I used pecans instead of walnuts. I also was a little short on the sour cream so I poured milk on top until the container was almost full. I stirred the sour cream and milk together until combined and added to the batter. The cake seemed to bake just fine and there were no noticeable issues with the texture so I would say my sour cream solution worked. Everything was good until it was time to put it all in the tube pan. As an aside, I made another change here and used my bundt pan instead of a tube pan as called for in the recipe. Not for any particular reason other than I just wanted to although I might try my tube pan next time. Anyway, there were actually supposed to be two layers of blueberry filling but I did not do a very good job of "eyeing" the first 1/3 of the batter so the next two layers of batter were pretty thin.  This resulted in one layer of mostly filling right in the middle. Thankfully that doesn't have anything to do with taste and if I didn't mention it it is doubtful anyone would have known or even cared for that matter.
We did like this Blueberry Coffee Cake and I will try it again this winter with our frozen blueberries.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...