Saturday, May 26, 2018

Royal Afternoon Tea ~ { Menu }

Our annual mother ~ daughter tea party was
Fit for a Queen!
Our place settings included big gold napkin bows wrapped around our plates for a dramatic, elegant look. I also included a floral hankie napkin on the side as a soft alternative which had our programs tucked in the fold. I used extra large paper clips, which I decorated with card stock, as menu holders. Hidden behind the menus were the scratch off tickets for our Pip, Pip, Cherrio game.
Our menu started with a choice of Mulligatawny and Red Lentil Tomato soup. We all ended up having a little serving of both. 
Next we had Lemon Scones with Clotted Devonshire Cream and English Cream Tea Scones with Blackberry Whipped Cream Filling. 
We had an assortment of Tea Sandwiches.
All were quite tasty.
And finally the Pastries and Cakes. 
I could not serve a British style tea without Apple Charlotte. We thought they looked like, what else, little crowns!
I forgot the garnish on my lemon tarts but they still tasted wonderful.
Parfaits are always festive.
In addition to our English Tea selection I also served pink lemonade.
We had a right royal time!

You can find more about our Royal Afternoon Tea by using the links below:

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...