Monday, May 7, 2018

A Royal Tea Party { invitations }

"fit for a Queen"!
It is almost Mother's Day, which means, our annual
mother ~ daughter
Tea Party
is getting close.
This year I decided to go with a "royal" theme which seemed fitting since there has been a lot of British news lately. First the Royal Engagement. Then Miss E told me about The Crown series. If you have not heard of it it is a biographical story about the reign of Queen Elizabeth II. There are only two seasons so far which we began watching together after the holidays. That reminded me of the few episodes I have seen of the Downton Abbey series which is an older British historical drama. Unfortunately I discovered it after it had ended but it had quite a following I discovered. And, if all of that wasn't enough, it is also the Royal Wedding this month so I thought if I am ever going to use this theme this is the year to do it. 
Scrolls tied up and placed in fancy boxes were a fun way to announce the tea party. 
It is only days away now but the details are coming together. More tea party posts coming soon!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...