Tuesday, May 15, 2018

A Royal Afternoon Tea ~ fit for a Queen!

I thought I would start by sharing 
Her Majesty's 
handmade Royal Crown.
My hope was to make this years crown look more like the Queen's Crown and thought one way to achieve that was by adding jewels. Once I had The Crown cut out and painted Miss E helped me with the jewel design. It took awhile to decide on the final layout but we were pleased with how it turned out. 
I also really wanted a Crown Cornice so I designed this simple one and hung it above the entry which made it very festive. Miss E was a big help again with the jewels, the painting and she also hung the tulle and the crown for me. 
This DIY Crown was going to be our centerpiece on the table however the glue was not cooperating. After several days of frustration I finally decided to move on without it but couldn't seem to let it go and tried one more time the morning of the party. It worked! Since I had already switched to a different centerpiece I used it on the entry table instead. 
And then there were these little mini handmade crowns. I added a bit of bling to some of them and left some plain. You will see more of these little crowns in my next post about our Royal Afternoon Tea party table and food. 

Have a great day!



1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to see your photos! They are excellent and bring back all my happy memories of the beautiful and delicious tea party!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...