Wednesday, May 16, 2018

A Royal Afternoon Tea ~ { Decorations }

A Union Jack banner with crowns and a queen silhouette welcomed our royal guests. Once I designed the three styles of flags I printed enough for two banners and hung the other one in the "State Tea Room".
I made a little chalkboard welcome sign too. 
Mr Wonderful constructed and painted the hat stands for me and then I covered the tops in fabric and lace. 
I put together a cute little fascinator to match my tea party dress.
The DIY mini cloches were table decorations/party favors. I made them from recycled plastic bottles. The photo below shows my practice cloche on a stand which I made using the detachable bottom of a plastic goblet and a plastic lid glued on top. It did not seem quite sturdy enough so I just put the cloches directly on the table instead which worked fine. After the first one was finished I decided to make a few other changes. 
I ended up recycling glass drawer pulls we had for the tops, tied ribbon around the neck and decorated the bottom with pearls. 
Instead of cupcakes underneath I decided on using the little crowns with a chocolate in the middle.
The cloches were so fun that I tried another style.
For the cloche above I used a miniature tea cup and saucer for the base and a drinking glass for the top. You can see that I embellished my lace crown underneath with roses which matched the roses on the saucer. 
The Napkin Rings were easy to make and added a little sparkle to the table. Fortunately I already had the gold napkins.
I will be back soon to share more about our Royal Afternoon Tea including our program and menu. 

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited all over again finding little details I missed in my excitement at the tea. Everything is marvelous! ...so beautiful....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...