Saturday, April 21, 2018

While I was baking....

 a quick and easy bundt cake for dessert late yesterday afternoon I looked out my window and saw.....
...a CHICKEN in our backyard! What a surprise. 
We were pretty sure we knew where she came from so we called our neighbor to let them know she was on the loose. They did not seem the least bit concerned and said she would make her way back to the coop when she was ready which was fine with us.
In the meantime, the curious chicken decided to wander next door to check things out so I went back in kitchen to finish the cake.
While the cake was cooling we were invited next door for a visit so I was happy I had the cake to share. However, I rushed the cooling time so it was still quite warm and, as expected, when I put the frosting on top it slid down the side and puddled a bit at the bottom.
Oh well, looks aren't everything.  
It still tasted fine.
I must say, it was quite fun having a chicken in the yard and I was glad I had a fresh warm cake to take over to our friends for dessert. 
A wonderful Friday Night!

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine a chicken strutting through your back yard. What a hoot!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...