Friday, April 20, 2018

His & Her Projects

The hubs and I usually have a list of projects to work on in our free time. Sometimes we work on the same project however the last couple weeks we have been focussed on separate tasks, both of which are polar opposites.
My project is painting a Bird Feeder for my parents. My dad built it, gave it a base coat of yellow paint and delivered it to me ready to add an artistic painted design of my choice. The sky was the limit so the first thing I had to do was narrow down the possibilities. While I thought about the motif I had the Hubs sand down the yellow paint on the outside. Unfortunately it was not the right base for my paint and had to be removed before proceeding. I did decide to leave the yellow paint inside though since it would be covered in birdseed most of the time. As I continued thinking about the theme for the project I began doodling some ideas which changed many times over several weeks. After multiple revisions I finally settled on a something and finished all the drawings.
Next I had to transfer those onto the bird feeder. Unfortunately I did not have transfer paper in the house so I decided to use chalk as a quick and easy way to keep moving forward.
This method worked perfectly.
While I was busy with the bird feeder the Hubs was working on the car. He had to replace the water pump which required taking off a lot of parts to get to the issue. I am happy to report the new pump is in and he got the car all put back together again and it is running much better now. 
 The bird feeder is ready to be painted but is temporarily on hold while I turn my attention to another fun project that is time sensitive. Once I get back to the bird feeder I will post an update of the progress. 

Have a beautiful day!

1 comment:

  1. I really like what you're sketching out on the bird feeder! It's going to be stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...