Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Easter 2018 ~ Sweets

Easter was so early this year that I felt a little behind. Partly because my to~do list was a bit longer than I had time for, as usual. However, I like to prioritize which helps so at least that way the most important things get finished in case I do run out of time.
I always have a big list of desserts I want to try but never seem to have time to make them all and this year was no different. Due to the short timeline, I decided to choose the desserts that were quickest and easiest to make.
One thing I really wanted to make were mints so used my favorite recipe, mixed them up early and put them in the refrigerator until we were ready to mold them. Later Miss E chipped in and finished the mints by rolling them into balls and then flattening them with a fork which formed them into perfect disks. Ordinarily I press the mints into molds but this method worked great and looked very cute. 
Of course we had to have Lemon Meringue Pies, which I offered to make, and mom made Angel Food Cake, which is also a must for our Easter dinner. 
These festive Macaroon Nests were as fun to make as they were to eat. 
We had a wonderful family Easter and now look forward to April birthdays!

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. What's Easter without lemon pie??? They were every bit as delicious as they look.....and the flower arrangements were beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...