Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Wood Block Cats

Just popping in to share one more fun Halloween craft before they are packed away until next year. 
These cute Wooden Black Cats were inspired by my mother who made hers in a class with a group of her friends. While we were chatting about it on FaceTime I took a quick picture, when she held it up, to use as an example just in case I could find time to make one.
However, before there was any chance at all of making a black cat I had to have a wood block cut in the same shape so I checked with the hubs. He just happened to have a perfect leftover scrap from a neighbor who had stopped by recently to have him cut a piece of wood for him. I showed him the picture of what was needed and he proceeded to cut three. We made up our own dimensions and I penciled a "V" to use as a template for the ears. I really liked the rough look of the cedar so did not have him sand it. It reminded me of fur and made them just a little more rustic and a bit more spooky.
Next, I spray painted them black. Once they were dry I gently sanded the edges of the two smaller cats to make them even more rustic.
After making the first one similar to Moms I tried something different for the eyes and collars on the other two cats. 
These cute Wood Block Cats will be a fun new addition to the decorations next fall.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...