Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Rustic Wedding Chalkboards: part 1

A few weeks ago I posted the DIY Rustic Framed Chalkboards Mr. Wonderful made for me so that I could write on them for our nieces wedding.  While he was working on those I was doodling on a large extra piece of chalkboard to get the feel of the surface which was slightly different than traditional chalkboard and figure out the design and spacing. I started with traditional chalk which is easy to erase so I could make changes quickly without much fuss.
My sister had given me a package of chalk pens in various peach colors so I also played around with those to see how they looked. In the end I preferred the white chalk pens for the finished boards. 
Several of the chalkboards were large so it helped to sketch out my design with regular chalk first and make sure everything was spaced well and spelled correctly before using the chalk pens.
We ended up with a total of 3 large chalkboards however there were also some smaller ones as well. 
The small chalkboards were used for signage on tables. 
We decided the smaller ones needed easels also but this time they were not attached like they were on the big ones.  These free standing easels worked well and can be used for other purposes later on. 
The small easels were also made out of leftover pallet board wood like the large ones. 
There were also mini chalkboards which were for the dessert table. 
At first I thought the mini signs shown above might work on the dessert table however I had not seen the venue and was not sure how or if the clothespin would work as a clip or a stand and could not think of a quick, easy way to alter them to make them more sturdy. In the end I decided to use some chalkboard poster board I had and made tents instead.  
They were quick and easy and seemed to work fine. 
Now that you have seen my chalkboard doodles and sketches I will be back soon to share the finished Rustic Wedding Chalkboards.  

Have a awesome Autumn day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...