Monday, October 26, 2020

Monday Night Football ~ snacks

Actually, I was not quite ready.
A few Mondays ago the hubs was invited to watch Monday Night Football with some of the guys in a garage that was newly converted into a temporary classroom by day and Man Cave by night. The host was going to grill up some dinner so Mr. Wonderful asked if I could make some snacks that he could take to share. At this point there was not much time to make anything too fussy and I was at a loss as to what they all might like. Mr Wonderful said cookies would work so I asked him to narrow it down a bit more and ended up with a request for Snicker Doodles. Hhmm, that was nowhere near what I was thinking but they are so quick and easy to make that I had no worries whatsoever that I could get them baked in time. 
Once the cookies were in the oven I remembered that I had just made a fresh batch of caramel corn so while the cookies baked I made up some individual bags to send as well and it was all ready to go just in time for kick off. Whew! The next morning the reviews were in and it sounds like it was a fun evening with the guys, the game was good and the sweet treats were a hit so that was all great news. And now, fast forward a few weeks, and it is Monday once again and I am sure there will be another football game or two tonight but no word yet on whether we will be needing some football treats for the game at the Man Cave or maybe just here at home. I will keep you posted. 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...