Friday, October 30, 2020

October Cooking Diaries: week 1

October has been busy even though we find ourselves at home most of the time these days, just like everyone else during this pandemic, however for two weeks this month Miss E was here. It was so much fun having her at home even though the three of us still had to work but we made the best of our time together. 
Miss E and I set up our work space next to the fireplace while Mr. Wonderful kept his routine the same and worked from his office upstairs. Instead of sitting by myself to work I now had a co-worker, you might say, sitting across from me. Every morning Mr. Wonderful would come down to check on us and then would start a cozy fire for us.  
On Monday morning I decided to make a coffee cake for breakfast to kick off our new work from home  set up. Once that was finished I began to plan dinner which turned into a two week meal plan that included the meals I had already scheduled to take to one of our boys who is currently a student. The two week cooking challenge was on and below are the photos  of most of the things we made the first week. 
We interrupt this program for a not so regularly scheduled coffee run! 
Mr. Wonderful went on a few coffee runs for us to pick up our online orders which was so nice and such a treat. We did not order any bakery items since I was making morning sweets here.
The first week of meals were mostly favorite recipes and a couple new things I tried.  We also had leftovers one night although I did try to cut down most of the recipes so that I could keep making something new each day. I will be back soon to share part 2 of my October Cooking Diaries.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...