Monday, June 8, 2020

Weekend Desserts

Weekends are a good time for baking and cake was on the top of my list. 
It has been months since I have been in full baking mode due to the fact that my favorite baking oven was out of service. It turned out to be a major repair and the part that was needed was on back order. Shortly after it was ordered the pandemic was here which pushed the timeline out even further. Thankfully, after months of waiting, the part finally arrived a few weeks ago and it is now fixed and I am back in operation, and loving it.
This Almond Poppyseed Cake is a favorite and sounded really good.
There are always a few trimmings leftover so I used a round cookie cutter and made Mini Layer Cakes and used the leftover frosting between the layers and for decoration on the top. There was enough to make 8 itty bitty layer cakes. 
 Buttercream frosting is what I use to frost the cake and then I like to top it off with some toasted sliced almonds on the top and around the bottom. 
Once I got going I could not stop at just one cake,
I made a German Chocolate Brownie Tart too.
It is a dense brownie with chopped pecans. The topping is traditional coconut and pecans with a chocolate ganache drizzled over the top. 
As you can tell it was a "sweet" weekend!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...