Saturday, January 21, 2017

Almond Poppyseed Cake

I made this yummy cake on Thursday to share with the ladies at our weekly dinner {previously on Tuesdays}. 
The crazy thing is that I only had 2 hours from start to finish to make the cake. I happened to get home later than usual on Thursday so I did not get in the kitchen until around 3:30. Since I had to be ready to go by 5:30 I was a bit pressed for time.
By around 4:00 I had the cakes in the oven. While they were cooking I cleaned up a bit and then made the almond pastry filling and prepared the frosting. Once the cakes were finished baking and cool enough to take out of the pans I popped them in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process so that I could get the cake assembled. At 5:00 I had no choice but to proceed with assembly and decorating and then pray that the frosting would not melt off on what turned out to be almost an hour drive over due to heavy traffic.
I am happy to report that I finished just in the nick of time, took a few quick pictures to share and off we went. Also, the frosting held up fine.
The cake received good reviews from all
which was 
"frosting on the cake!"

Have a great Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious! Can you share the recipe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...